Year of Lavender?


 Is it just me or am I seeing lavender scented everything everywhere? Personally, I don't mind. I love lavender. It's been my favorite scent going back to college due mainly to its soothing aroma. I mean, have you tried it? If you have anxiety, this is a good scent to have around:

"Lavender is most commonly used in aromatherapy. The fragrance from the oils of the lavender plant is believed to help promote calmness and wellness. It's also said to help reduce stress, anxiety, and possibly even mild pain." (https://www.healthline.com/health/what-lavender-can-do-for-you#uses).

It works for me, at least for a short period of time. I like dabbing a drop of the essential oil in my face mask; makes it easier to wear one. For sure, I prefer the essential oil form of lavender as opposed to store bought lotions, etc. Overall, it's all you need to add the scent to literally everything you own. For example, I really like using a combo of organic coconut oil and lavender oil as face lotion. Everything else makes my face super irritated and red, so a friend recommended that I try coconut oil (all you need is a little dab each session); and I added a few drops of lavender oil (it's strong, so 1-2 drops is all you need) to the coconut oil to have a fragrant home made lotion. Surprisingly, it's not overly oily and blends quickly into my face. And, of course, smells super nice!

I like to buy my lavender oil from a local Texas lavender farm at https://www.chappellhilllavender.com/. Believe me, I'm going there in person as soon as possible, as well! It looks so beautiful! I'd also love to have a lavender plant or 2 at home but, lavender is a bit of a pain to grow, at least, here in Houston, (or I need to strengthen my plant caring game).) All the more reason to go to the farm, right? 

I also recently fell in love with a combo lavender and chamomile (another super soothing scent):

The scent is significantly softer than straight lavender oil, so this is good if you want a "dimmer" scented oil.

Overall, I hope others are as excited as me that essential oils, especially lavender, are a common item or ingredient in products to purchase now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of the "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity" Demo

What to Wear to Texas Renaissance Festival 2020