Review of the "Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity" Demo



 First impressions: OMG, I have to have it! This game is basically the first "Hyrule Warriors" and "Breath of the Wild" love child come to the Switch. 

I haven't played the first "Hyrule Warriors", (but I will probably buy it soon because reasons). I have watched videos of its gameplay. The concept is clever, and what's not to love about being able to play characters other than Link? I have, however, logged over 310 hours of gameplay for Breath of the Wild (gotta get all the things!). For the BOTW elements alone is why I had to try this demo. Plus, I have a girl crush on this Princess Zelda, so I was super curious to see what fighting techniques she will have. I was not disappointed. She is the third (and last) character you can play on the demo. Sorry! Spoiler alert! (Only one, promise.) Speaking of crushes and cuties, how adorable is the little Guardian robot in the intro? I may need a tattoo or art piece for it. On the internet, young Impa (<3) has been stealing the show, but I think that cute Guardian robot should be in the spotlight. I want to buy and continue the game just to see where the story of that little guy (gal?) is heading. Actually, if BOTW can be a full anime already, I could die happy. 

Overall impression: I love it and need it immediately. I really have nothing negative to say at this time. If you love "Legend of Zelda", you'll love this demo and want to buy the game too (unless, you're one of those weirdos that didn't like BOTW (what's up with that?)) When it comes to video games, I am more of a picky visual gamer that only plays my favorites and prefers to watch others play (for example, I love watching my now husband and his friends play SmashBros). "Legend of Zelda" falls under my favorites, so I will certainly be buying this game on its release date.

The full game won't be out until Nov. 30th, so plenty of time to save up y'all! 

P.S. BOTW 2 ftw! Short haired Zelda <3!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Wear to Texas Renaissance Festival 2020

Year of Lavender?